July 08 UPDATE - Facebook usage statistics by country and Facebook usage compared to population data can be found here: http://www.nickburcher.com/2008/07/facebook-user-numbers-by-country-and.html
I last wrote about Facebook usage statistics here: http://www.nickburcher.com/2007/12/latest-facebook-usage-statistics-users.html
The latest Facebook usage statistics show a few changes - notably an increase in overall users and increases in Facebook users in the UK, Turkey and France.
- Facebook now has more than 67 million active users.
- Facebook has seen an average of 250,000 new registrations per day since Jan. 2007, with an average of 3% weekly growth since Jan. 2007.
- Facebook active users are doubling every 6 months
- Facebook gets more than 65 billion page views per month and more than half of active users return daily
- According to comScore people spend an average of 20 minutes on Facebook every day(comScore)
Facebook latest country statistics
- Facebook is the sixth-most trafficked site in the United States (comScore)
- The UK now has the has the most Facebook users outside of the United States, with more than 8 million active users
- Canada has dropped to now stand as Facebook's third largest country with more than 7 million active users
- Remaining top 10 countries in order of active Facebook users (outside of the U.S., Canada and UK): Turkey, Australia, France, Sweden, Norway, Colombia and South Africa. (Turkey and France have moved up the list, Colombia is a new addition and Hong Kong has fallen out of the top ten.)
Facebook latest applications statistics
- Facebook is now the number one photo sharing application on the Web (comScore)
- Facebooks photo application draws more than twice as much traffic as the next three sites combined (comScore)
- More than 14 million photos are uploaded to Facebook every day
- More than 6 million active user groups
- Over 18,000 applications have been built on the Facebook platform
- 140 new applications are added each day
- More than 95% of Facebook members have used at least one application built on the Facebook platform
Facebook latest group statistics
- Facebook do not publish statistics for the largest / biggest groups, but I have written about these in the past:
Since writing about the largest groups on Facebook, the only challenger to the Guinness Record group seems to be the Six Degrees of Seperation group which has over 4 million members. (This is noted in the comments of the second post I wrote about the largest / biggest groups on Facebook.)